Thursday, January 27, 2011

Midwest inspirations...

So my younger daughter gives me grief when she catches me watching PBS, but despite the harassment, it proved to be a serendipitously good choice the day I happened onto the show featuring Annie Brahler's home in Jacksonville, IL and her business known as Eurotrash.    I'd heard some vague mention of such a place from my friend Barb but never knew much about it or if the business still existed.  If you would like to have a feast for the senses, check here for the link to this fabulous find.  There are other links which showcase her home.  The  pictures seen here were featured in Country Living magazine.

Her home and business have been featured in a number of decorating magazines.  Her unabashed use of lovely treasures for everyday use is refreshing.  I know that a girls day out in J'ville must happen soon!  And...speaking of that area of the world, I had an amazing outing with the aforementioned Barb this past year when she took me to her sister-in-law's Civil War-era farmhouse, also near Jacksonville.  I drank in every inch of the house, trying to absorb the artful, yet quirky (and I mean that in the most praise-worthy way)juxtaposition of  possessions, from art to furniture and all things in between.  It was original and eclectic and absolutely charming.  It turns out that this same talented individual once lived in my house, which is quite different in style from her farmhouse.  I'd be interested to see what she would do with my house now!  I am in a momentary standstill but hope to be inspired soon.  IT WILL HAPPEN.  Anyway, inspiration is all around and nothing excites me more than to discover it again and again.


4 comments:

  1. mother dear.
    1. i'm really impressed with the "click here" link..never would have been able to figure that out for myself.

    2. I read a word yesterday and I've been meaning to ask you what it meant, but of course my living dictionary just happened to include it in her blog today.

    3. I LOVE your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear mom,

    Your blog is amazing!!! Apparently reading the dictionary as a young child paid off. I am super duper impressed with your Jacksonville find! Can we go there next time I'm home??? Pretty please???

    Inspired,
    your fav daughter and firstborn ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luann,
    I'll look forward to following you on here! I'm sure you'll keep me thrilled with many beautiful things! Good find on the J-ville house...it's extraordinary!
    ~Lindsey Davis

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're due for another post. I know you've had snow days lu dawg...what's goin on???

    love you,
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete