Friday, February 8, 2013

Redesign of the heart...

It's been a while...long while.  My mind has been dwelling on the greatness (not a big enough word) of God.  Nothing new you're probably thinking, but to me, the internal reality of His pervasiveness is expanding.  He is not only the Americanized version of the God we love.  In fact He is that but much more.  We naturally "remember " God as the one of the Old Testament, yet now we stylize a new version for our new culture.  Do not misunderstand.  I do not believe the way we love God through our style of, for instance, modern worship is wrong or misguided.  Seeking God through our parameters of lifestyle are within the framework of what Jesus would teach, I think.  However, that is true of other seekers of God's way around the world who live and think differently from us.  I am increasingly open to other ways to follow the truth which is Jesus Christ as our Savior, that being the cornerstone of our faith.  God did not change.  We have and He speaks our "language", but there are many languages.   Let the Bible be our guide, yet let us not be so quick to explain away the passages in our own "dialect."  God is God of the universe.  I reverently seek to know Him more.  I fervently want to seek His way.  God, redesign my heart to be like yours.  Forgive me when I try to make You more like me.

postscript:  I set out to put in words my feelings of faith and works, yet I totally redirected without meaning to do so.  Another time maybe.  Of course, the world can wait.  I hope someday my children, grandchildren will want to see the meanderings of my heart/head.

pps:  To my husband, Happy Day of our wedding 38 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment